Date of Submission: October 24, 2017
Rights and Responsibilities
Your privacy is very important to us. We will not share any of your information with third parties that are not working with or in partnership with Mzansi Taal/
Sharing Your Content and Information
All of the content and information that you post on Mzansi Taal platforms is owned by Mzansi Taal, and you in addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you grant us the following permission, a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Mzansi Taal. This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you publish content or information on Mzansi Taal it becomes public to all Mzansi Taal users and you agree to associate the content posted with the profile details that you have provided.
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Mzansi Taal. We may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them.
We do our best to keep Mzansi Taal safe, but we cannot guarantee it. In an effort to do this we require your assistance regarding the following comments:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Mzansi Taal.
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access Mzansi Taal, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Mzansi Taal.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use Mzansi Taal to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Mzansi Taal, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Mzansi Taal functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
Registration and Account Security
Mzansi Taal users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on Mzansi Taal, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use Mzansi Taal if you are under 13.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
Protecting Other People’s Rights
We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on Mzansi Taal that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on Mzansi Taal if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else’s copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account if need be.
- You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by Mzansi Taal with our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on Mzansi Taal.
Mobile and Other Devices
- We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging, email and data charges, will still apply.
- You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on Mzansi Taal.
About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by Mzansi Taal
Our goal is to deliver advertising and other commercial or sponsored content that is valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
- You give us permission to use your name, profile picture, content, and information in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content. This means, for example, that you permit a business or other entity to pay us to display your name and/or profile picture with your content or information, without any compensation to you.
- We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
- You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
Special Provisions Applicable to Software
- If you download or use our software, such as a stand-alone software product, an app, or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software.
- You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license, or we give you express written permission.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Mzansi Taal to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or Mzansi Taal exclusively in the Republic of South Africa (RSA), and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. The laws of RSA will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Mzansi Taal, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users’ actions on Mzansi Taal and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on Mzansi Taal. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on Mzansi Taal. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of Mzansi Taal.
- WE TRY TO KEEP MZANSI TAAL UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING MZANSI TAAL AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT MZANSI TAAL WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT MZANSI TAAL WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. MZANSI TAAL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR MZANSI TAAL, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, MZANSI TAAL’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the Republic of South AfricaWe strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with Mzansi Taal outside the RSA:
- You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in where in the RSA.
- If you are located in a country embargoed by the RSA, you will not engage in commercial activities on Mzansi Taal (such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website. You will not use Mzansi Taal if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from the RSA.
- By “Mzansi Taal” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.mzansitaal.co.za and any other Mzansi Taal branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins such as the Like button, the Share button and other similar offerings; and (d) other media, brands, products, services, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed. Mzansi Taal reserves the right to designate, in its sole discretion, that certain of our brands, products, or services are governed by separate terms and not this SRR.
- By “Platform” we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from Mzansi Taal or provide data to us.
- By “information” we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with Mzansi Taal.
- By “content” we mean anything you or other users post, provide or share using Mzansi Taal Services.
- By “data” or “user data” or “user’s data” we mean any data, including a user’s content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from Mzansi Taal or provide to Mzansi Taal through Platform.
- By “post” we mean post on Mzansi Taal or otherwise make available by using Mzansi Taal.
- By “use” we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By “application” we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Mzansi Taal, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Mzansi Taal.
By using or accessing Mzansi Taal Services, you agree that we can collect and use such content and information.
To access the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities in several different languages, it is your responsibility to translate it yourself.
If anything is not clear you may contact email@example.com.